Xu Chu is an assistant professor in the School of Computer Science at Georgia Tech. He obtained his PhD degree from the University of Waterloo in late 2017, and joined Georgia Tech in Jan 2018. He is a recipient of the JP Morgan Faculty Research Fellow Award, the Microsoft PhD fellowship award, and the David R. Cheriton fellowship award.
He is broadly interested in data management systems and machine learning. In particular, he focuses on (1) how to leverage advanced machine learning techniques to solve hard and practical data management problems, such as large-scale data integration; and (2) how to build data management systems to tackle the common pain points in practical machine learning, such as the lack of high-quality labeled data.
- 03/2022: We are organizing the SIGMOD 2022 programming contest, on the topic of entity matching. Check it out!!
- 02/2022: Excited to share that Renzhi Wu received a 2022 Facebook (Meta) PhD Fellowship in database systems.
- 11/2021: Our work on learned cardinality estimator has been accepted to VLDB 2022
- 10/2021: Our work on learning with label noise has been accepted to ICDE 2022
- 09/2021: Our demo paper on weakly supervised entity matching has been accepted to VLDB 2021
- 02/21/2021: Our OmniFair on declarative fairness in ML has been accepted to SIGMOD 2021
- 12/24/2020: Our AutoFJ work on discovering entity matching or fuzzy join rules with no labeled examples has been accepted to SIGMOD 2021
- 10/15/2020: Our CPClean on formalizing the impact of data errors on ML models has been accepted to VLDB 2021
- 10/02/2020: Our CleanML work on a systematic evaluation of the impact of data cleaning on ML has been accepted to ICDE 2021
- 04/05/2020: Our ZeroER work on performing entity resolution with zero labeled examples has been accepted to SIGMOD 2020
- 12/02/2019: Our GOGGLES work on training data labeling has been accepted to SIGMOD 2020
- 08/07/2019: Our team in collaboration with Alibaba won the third place in the KDD 2019 AutoML Challenge
- 08/01/2019: Our ACM book on data cleaning is up for sale on Amazon
- 02/01/19: We are excited to learn that we are granted the 2019 JP Morgan Faculty Research Awards!
- …More News